At least....as happy as a Monday could be.
Rising World adventures continue! The most time consuming part of the project so far has been creating a foundation for the mining town at the base of the mountain range. To begin with, I had to use the scythe to clear all the tall grass. Next, I had to use the rake to make all the ground smooth and level. Then I had to use the rake to make a path that was slightly lower than the surrounding ground to be able to make a road. I worked on this in sections. I started with the left side first.
Then, I worked my way over to the right side and started the whole process over.
Once the whole area was finished, I started working on the road.
I hadn't yet discovered that I could switch between survival mode and creative mode using the console commands yet, so the road you see in the picture above is made from gravel blocks. I like the look of the gravel being painted on in creative mode, so I have to go back to the town area and destroy all the blocks before I can continue. I got impatient with it, so instead I went back to the island and started working on the road there.
I'm really happy with how this turned out! The hardest part about building the road across the island will be the bridge I'll have to make on either side of it. I started clearing out an area on south of the island where the bridge will meet the mainland.
I've been looking around for blueprints of bridges that other players have made, but all of them seem to be way to big. I'll have to build it myself. I have a feeling it's going to look awful....but! It will be a bridge, and that will have to do.








No comments:
Post a Comment